Saturday, April 12, 2008

Introducing the New Wave Hipster Wedding Blog

Since Jessica and I are all into wearing tight jeans with Converse All-Stars, we decided to make our very own wedding blog. Actually, she doesn't even know about it yet, but I will tell her about it shortly. I'm not too sure what you'll see here, but would we ever disappoint you?

We can't wait for everyone to get together for a fun filled weekend in the Big Apple. Jess and I are getting really excited. Word on the street is that we're gonna have fish tacos at the cocktail hour, so that is some most awesome news.

One point of interest, we encourage anyone who is coming in on Thursday June 19th to snatch up a ticket to the one and only R.E.M. They will cost you a small fortune, but come on, it's Madison Square Garden. You haven't lived until you felt the floors bounce at the Garden. Because the Garden is suspended above Penn Station, it literally bounces when the place gets rockin'.

R.E.M's new single is a really cool song. As Mike says, "it's the best song they have written in years."



Plus, the National and Modest Mouse are opening. The National is undeniably my favorite band right now and I can assure you they will represent in some shape or form at the wedding festivities. Here's one of my favorite tunes.



Check back soon for new developments. We'll start putting up some of our favorite haunts for you to visit on your trip. The countdown is on folks. See you in a couple of months!!!

9 comments:

Dave Katzberg said...

Demlers,
Sweet blog, although I can't get past the Demler part- love it. So psyched for the event, already scouting new shoes.
Love,
Dave

Daniela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniela said...

The Demlers rule!!!

Can't wait to finally see them ditch the tight jeans and converse sneakers for wedding attire.

xoxo
Daniela

Unknown said...

Demlers-
I cannot wait for fish tacos!
xo
Shira

pbrock said...

Ryan,

This is your cousin from Phx. AZ. What up NYC...!! We are both so excited in seeing everyone for the wedding and some sites of the Big Apple. I want to go to REM and was wondering what the cost might be..?? I might need four tickets to boot. Let me know. We cannot wait to see you. Holler, NYC.

Paul and Mary

Ryan Dembinsky said...

Hey Paul,

Glad to see you found our random little website. The tickets were pretty expensive. I think about a 80 bucks a piece. I'll check on Ticketmaster.

Ryan Dembinsky said...

Oaul,

I checked Ticketmaster and they still have tickets available. The cheapest ones are gone which started at $39.95, so the ones they have left will probably be around 80 bucks each. You might actually be able to find cheaper ones on ebay or stubhub though. Here's the link for ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D00408195A74366?artistid=835160&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

pbrock said...

Ryan,

Now, I just need to check when we get into town. I think late Thursday night, which will not work well. But, I will check it out. We cannot wait to get to NYC.

Thanks,

Paul

mrs. demler said...

There may be some cheaper tix available on Stub Hub