Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jessica's Shower Montage

Wierd hat-making traditions aside, who knew a bridal shower could be such a blast?

My Aunt Mimi threw a bridal shower for me at the Water Club this weekend. It was in an amazing room over looking the east river. Even on a semi-cloudy day the room was bright and beautiful!

We spent time eating and drinking cocktails and then sat down to a buffet of all my favorite brunch foods--including eggs any style, pancakes, berries, bacon, french toast belgian waffles, mini bagels, cream cheese, lox (not for me--but for some a crucial brunch ingredient!) The food was really really good and followed by chocolate covered strawberries and molten hot chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. AMAZING!

The food was good but the company was great! I 'm a lucky lady to have such amazing friends and family.

During the meal we played one game--which was just the right amount--of Ry-Guy trivia--which I am proud to say that I nailed. I am terrible at trivia--as in I could forget my mothers name when put on the spot--so I was a little nervous. But, it turns out, I know my guy very very well.

After the meal, I did open gifts--and most attendees said I did quite well....keeping a good pace while making thoughtful (even witty I am told) comments on each gift. It was easy--the gifts were truly amazing! and I know watching someone open presents for hours could get anyone nuts.

A few highlights included a work of art from my dear friend Chelsey Bronner-- a bucket decoupaged with pics of me and ry through the years and filled with clothing designated with bride and groom insignia, a Mrs. Demler Bikini amongst other treasures. Amazing.

An adorable Mrs. Demler tee from non other than Cary Dembinsky, my future mother-in-law. Shes really that cool. This Demler thing is really taking on a life of its own.

A pop-up guest book--one of 100 made by the artist, which will be at the wedding for you all to check out and sign. Some great lingerie and of course beautiful and much needed items off our registry.

Perhaps the most special thing to come out of the shower was the scrapbook. Thanks so much for all the amazing contributions. The book is truly a wonderful keepsake.

Note from Ry:

Also, extra-special thanks to Gideon, Tom, and Jonathan for providing a really fun day as well. We planned to go watch the Yankee game together during the shower and they surprised me by inviting my friends along for a really fun afternoon of ping pong and chewing the fat while the ladies did their thang.

Alright, on to the festivities...



The hat really was strangely pretty...




Literally 10 people called me after the shower to say how great my mom looked! Way to go Edie Nads--lookin fabulous.















1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Quite informative post on this shower party. I am planning to arrange my niece’s baby shower party and searching for amazing Los Angeles venues. Came across few good venues and looking forward to book perfect venue for this occasion.